Monday, January 18, 2010

LEADERS WANTED...

It's January 18th, 11:30am. I just started my do to list for the day or week. I am overwhelmed with excitement, joy, fear, love, passion, etc... I have so much to be thankful for. I am incredibly pumped about what is going to happen in 2010 at aplacetotalk.

Yesterday we agreed to do so much. I know the 18 items we had on our business meeting agenda had to be overwhelming to everyone who meet together yesterday.

Some of those 18 items are allowing another church to use our building, purchasing preschool toys, having a youth ski trip, advertising our grand opening by direct mail, and billboards, buying 10,000 eggs for an Easter Egg Hunt, hosting a mini basketball season and preparing for awards for the winning team, putting up signs to tell the world that we exists, converting our website to a word press site, purchasing new trash cans, awaiting the delivery of our big theatrical curtain, building a set for our "FAMILY TALKS", planning dates to hand out re-usable canvass bags at the local grocery stores, going door to door to ask the Brookford area about their needs on February the 7th, having a Super Bowl party on that same night... I can't explain how much we are undertaking and I sure hope we are all getting ready.

I am incredibly excited... and I am confident that God will lead us through this, but at the same time I am very thankful that I have a grasp on the magnitude and difficulty of the task ahead. I can't possibly be overconfident... because I am scared to death and desperate for God's direction and help.

As I think about all that is coming up. I am very thankful for the leaders that God has given us already... our band is growing and has some wonderful faithful members, there are guys building the set, there are guys building a drum base and shield, there are guys planning a youth ski trip, women planning the Family Talk service, men teaching the youth, other men leading Bible Studies, ladies cooking breakfast, and more, and more, and more. I am thankful for all these and I think now about people who assembled the basketball goals for the season, and a friend that has printed posters, and others who have organized and led in other areas. I have so much to be thankful for. Thank you all. I may fail to thank you enough... but I am so thankful.

Anyway... the point of today's blog entry: We need more leaders! We need more band members... we need more singers from time to time. We need more guys who wanta' play in the band. We could always use more actors and actresses for the Family Talk services. We need a few men who feel called to the ministry to join me as I study to lead our Sunday Morning Talks. I am also keeping an eye open for a great youth leader. Someone who has a desire to be in the ministry someday but is willing to step up and serve as a great volunteer while we try and get started.

Those of you who read these posts... pray with me that God sends more leaders our way.

No comments: