Sunday, August 9, 2009

the new church - aplacetotalk and my roller coaster of thoughts...

Every other day I have a new thought about whether or not advertising and starting a new church is right, practical, and honoring to God.

Some days I wonder if advertising something like a "church" or a movement of God is just silly, (thinking about advertising a church reminds me of this picture - http://www.greetingcardsresource.com/miracle-healing-services.html) because if God is really doing something then people will just show up, because they are drawn to what God is doing. On other days I believe as strongly as anyone that God doesn't just randomly bless people or groups of people. Instead we discover God's will and recieve blessing (or the natural fruit of our labor) as a result of our work.

Today I thought I would take a moment to write down what I think - when I think I am thinking clearly. I will continue to do all that I can (to promote, advertise, and start the new church), without taking too much time and attention from my primary role as a husband and father of four, and at the same time I will remember that advertising, promotions and events are not the goal but just a tool to tell people about Jesus Christ.

So I will roll on with the public opening of aplacetotalk. Our first advertised public service will be Sunday, September 27th. Hope to see you there.

No comments: