Monday, September 14, 2009

I can't explain how bad my cell phone carrier is....

Sprint PCS is absolutely terrible when it comes to customer service. I will share my current experience.

Today I made three calls to Sprint customer service, the first two ended with my call being disconnected when I was supposed to be transfered to a higher level of support. Each call was disconnected after an over 20 minute wait for assistance.

The third call ended after the customer service agent told me that my problem wasn't something she could resolve. Then I asked her to go ahead and disconnect my service, because I would be changing phone companies first thing in the morning. At that point she told me that there was something that she could do since I had requested to end my service. Now she could transfer me to the retention department. So I explained that the last two times I had been put on hold in order to be transfered that I had been disconnected but that I didn't get a call back.

So she asks to take my number down and call me back. I told her that would be fine.

I didn't expect to hear back from her at all. But then the phone rang. Much to my surprise, even though the first two customer service agents had failed to call me back, this time I did get a return call.

It was the retention department. After an additional twenty minutes or so with them, they told me that they couldn't do anything.

I had insurance on my phone with Sprint, but they couldn't fix my phone. I told them to go ahead and cut off my phones, they agreed.

That is the end of my relationship with Sprint.

I would recommend that others do business with someone else, Sprint PCS isn't very good in the hickory area and the customer service is well below par even in comparison to the overall horrible customer support world that we live in today.

1 comment:

theoutsyder83 said...

I've never had any problems with Alltel... it's probably too late, but you might want to give them a try.