Thursday, September 3, 2009

I don't know what to think...

I was told yesterday about Obama's address to the public schools on September the 8th and I don't know what to think.

I read today where it is implied that Bush did the same thing, I can't remember or find whether that is true or not.

I remember the tension and fear of discussing politics in a spiritual world. But I fear that "the real church" has been too quite on matters of politics for too long. I am certainly no longer republican or democrat! I better say that again I AM CERTAINLY NO LONGER REPUBLICAN OR DEMOCRAT! Today I see positives on both sides, when I work real hard not to only see the negative.

I understand the desire to go to war to protect people who can't protect themselves, and I understand the desire to bring the troops home before too many die or we run out of credit trying to finance the war.

I understand the desire to provide for everyone who can't provide for themselves but I also understand the belief that "if you don't work you don't eat."

I understand the need for health care, but I also understand the necessity of a free economy and capitalism.

I don't know what to think about about a lot of things... I do know that Jesus is in charge and nothing catches Him by surprise.

No comments: