Saturday, September 12, 2009

The NFL is about winning

I have heard a lot of commentators this week (I wrote this in late July) say that the NFL is about winning. They have basically been asking the question – “Will Brett Favre help the Vikings win more football games?” But that isn’t the question that really matters to the Vikings organization.

What is the primary question the Vikings organization is asking – “Will signing and playing Bret Favre sell tickets?” The answer to that was a strong positive YES! I just heard on Sports Center how many season tickets and individual tickets were sold in 24 hours! I am afraid to write what I think I heard – did I just hear 3000 season tickets, and over 10,000 individual tickets?

Brett Favre sells tickets; that is a big reason he will be throwing a football in the NFL this season at 40 years old. Oh by the way, I think he is good too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Concur! And at 4-0, the Vikes aren't looking too bad, either.